Aspen Vacation Rentals close to the ski lifts: Liftone Condominiums are located directly adjacent to Aspen Mountains Lift 1A, and a short walk to the Silver Queen Gondola. You receive the privacy of staying in your own vacation rental home, and the convenience of being close to… Everything!
We have created this quick winter guide to help you locate local ski related services that are close to the Aspen Mountain ski lifts and the Liftone property. To learn more about our location, visit our Aspen Vacation Rentals Location page.
Aspen Skiing and Snowboarding Guide
Aspen Snowmass offers unparalleled skiing and snowboarding at four unique ski areas. If you’re going to hit the slopes, there are a few things you need to know first. Here’s our Aspen Skiing and Snowboarding Guide.
Where to Ski
There are four world-class ski resorts in the Roaring Fork Valley:
- Aspen Mountain – Located in downtown Aspen, “Ajax” is accessible via the Silver Queen Gondola or historic Lift 1A. The mountain offers a plethora of challenges for intermediate and expert skiers and riders. Take the gondola up the mountain and ski the backside, then make the iconic descent down the face of Aspen Mountain and experience amazing views of downtown.
- Aspen Highlands – The locals’ favorite, Aspen Highlands is only a short (and free) bus ride from the downtown bus station. Highlands is home to intermediate and expert runs, along with the renowned Highlands Bowl. To get to the top of the bowl requires a hike, but the drop-in and ride is unforgettable.
- Buttermilk Mountain – Home to the annual Winter X Games every January, Buttermilk provides wide runs for beginners and intermediates, along with some wicked expert terrain and a heralded superpipe. Buttermilk is known as a place for beginners and its ski school is top notch, but the resort is a perfect destination for a family with skiers or riders of all abilities.
- Snowmass – Enjoy skiing at riding at more on 3,300 acres of terrain at Snowmass, the largest ski resort in the area. There’s something for everyone at Snowmass, from expert terrain and beginners’ runs to terrain parks and backcountry skiing. Snowmass Village provides several mountain activities in a traditional alpine setting. Grab a beer at the Ranger Station or take a thrilling ride on the Breathtaker Alpine Coaster.
Aspen Snowmass is a great place to learn to ski. You can get lessons at any of the four resorts, but the best facilities and instructors for newbies are at Buttermilk and Snowmass. Buttermilk has a fun ski bus for kids that takes them from the lodge to the slopes and back. If you’ve never been skiing or snowboarding, it’s recommended that you sign up for two days of lessons (or more). Returning skiers are encouraged to take a refresher course to brush up and learn new skills.
There are a few shops around town that can get you and your group outfitted in quality ski gear. Rentals include skis and poles or a snowboard and bindings, and boots. Here are a few recommended brick-and-mortal ski shops in Aspen Snowmass:
- Aspen Sports – Several locations in both Aspen and Snowmass.
- Four Mountain Sports – Several locations in both Aspen and Snowmass.
- Incline Ski Shop – 555 E. Durant Avenue in downtown Aspen.
- Hamilton Sports – 520 E. Durant Avenue in downtown Aspen.
Ski Rental Delivery
If you don’t want to spend time at a ski shop, you can schedule a personalized fitting in the comfort of your own lodging through a ski rental delivery service. These companies are great because they will deliver gear right to you and pick it up when your vacation is complete. Here are a few recommended delivery services in Aspen Snowmass:
- Aspen Sports – The brick-and-mortar retailer offers free ski delivery and pick-up from several name brands.
- Ski Butlers – Nationwide service with a local feel that’s known for its quality service and excellent Rossignol gear.
- Door 2 Door – International delivery company that provides excellent ski rentals from a variety of well-known brands.
- Black Tie Ski Rentals – The largest ski rental delivery service in North America.